• Our pre-order pottery lead time is currently just 4 weeks for a limited time. This is the shortest lead-time we’ve had in a looong time and it’ll move back up to 6-8 weeks come March 14th.
• What's with the pre-order? We pack our kilns we have as tight as they can get, and make sure they fire every single night. And if you're here for an update about the kilns we ordered nearly a year ago, we're afraid they're still in Turkey.
Last spring, when the state went into quarantine, we shifted to a pre-order model. It's not what we want to do forever, but for now, it's helped us navigate running the business during the pandemic And it has its perks! Yes, you have to wait up to 4 weeks for your pots to be made and shipped to you, but it eliminates the complicated forecasting equation that asked us to predict demand by color and form. Now you can order exactly the forms and colors you want without having to outmaneuver other shoppers or get shut out if something you wanted sold out.
You can pre-order pottery in Amaro, Eggshell, Morel, Panna Cotta and Pinto right here.
• Pinto, our seasonal glaze in collaboration with Samin Nosrat, is now live. 10% of proceeds from our Pinto Collection go to Acta Non Verba: Youth Urban Farm Project to help fund its efforts to open The DEEP, a worker-owned grocery cooperative in East Oakland, California, as well as its other youth development and food justice programs. Pinto is is made to order and ships in about 4 weeks.
• Spread Wealth, Shop Seconds! For the months of January, February and March, we are asking you to direct funds to PODER Emma, a grassroots organization based in Asheville that creates and sustains networks of cooperative ownership and action in Emma, North Carolina—a semi-rural, working class neighborhood with a significant immigrant population. A donation in any amount to PODER Emma will grant you access to our Seconds page, where we sell practically perfect pots at 20% off the retail price, in stock and ready to ship.
• We cannot combine orders. If you'd like to add an item to an existing order, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll get things sorted.
• Our Asheville store is open for by-appointment shopping every day. We stock Seconds, an array of Pantry, Kitchen, Tabletop and Dining items and some special things you won't find online. Schedule your visit here.