A spicy twist on the cubano with notes of orange, lime, fenugreek and berbere from the folks at High Five Coffee.
The Mother of the World. A latte invented and named by Emily, one of the masterminds at neighborhood haunt, High Five Coffee. If you're a local and hip to the High Five jive, you know the glory of the Cubano. It's not literally a latte, but an americano with steamed cream— kind of like this. This version adds a sugar mixture that is gussied up with citrus zest and spiced with Berbere from Spicewalla. It's got kick, deep flavor, and tastes real good when sipped from the Sunday Morning Mug.
The Mother of the World
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1/2 cup Spicewalla berbere blend
- 8 drops Addition Fenugreek Cocktail Spice
- steamed cream
- freshly grated nutmeg
1. Add the zest of 1 lime and 2 oranges, and Spicewalla berbere blend to 2 cups of sugar. Let sit several days, shaking periodically.
2. Into a 6 oz. double americano, add 2 heaping teaspoons of sugarmix, the fenugreek spice.
3. Top with 2 oz. steamed cream and freshly grated nutmeg.