Give 'em a click to help yourself ease into your work week and don't be shy to share some of your recent faves in a comment down below.
Yeah yeah yeah, it's the first day of the week and all that...more important, it's the first installment of a rather straightforward new series where we share things from the Internet we've recently been digging. Give 'em a click to help yourself ease into your work week and don't be shy to share some of your recent faves in a comment down below.[youtube=://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePi5BLJogyA&w=854&h=480]
- Kelela's new album Take Me Apart is a must-listen. Afrofuturist, deeply personal, glitchy R&B for an internet age on the brink of apocalypse. When all else fails, dance.
- Make sense of your stars with this astrology account that doesn't skimp on stunning visuals.
- Remember Reading Rainbow? Ever feel pangs of nostalgia for LeVar Burton's soothing voice? Good news: he has a podcast called LeVar Burton Reads. It's just as it sounds: LeVar picks a piece of short fiction and reads it aloud to you.
- Photographer Vincent Ferrané's portraits of his breastfeeding wife feel intimate, reverent, and real.
- Don't forget joy: our bop of the week is a dancey YACHT remix from 2010. Does 2010 count as the good old days?
- A short and sweet documentary focused on a group of high school Riot Grrrls ostracized and dubbed the "Dirty Girls" by their classmates in 1996 Los Angeles.
- If you work in a remotely creative and/or digital field, this tongue-very-firmly-in-cheek post on McSweeney's might tickle your funny bone like it did ours.