We traditionally celebrate the anniversary of the Obergefell vs Hodges ruling with a big old Marriage Equality birthday party, complete with cake and Champagne, and the annual launch of our Equality Mugs. No special mugs or blowing out candles this year because we’re doing something way better—and bigger.
On June 26th, we’re opening up a live auction filled with a vibrant, blue-hued potpourri of objects and experiences from ceramicists and printmakers to glass artists and chefs we love—with 100% of the proceeds benefiting the Campaign for Southern Equality in their work toward legal and lived equality for LGBTQIA+ Southerners.
Bid on everything from a private dinner for you and 9 of your friends prepared by Eater Young Gun and James Beard-nominated Chef Ashleigh Shanti of Benne on Eagle, a custom cobalt-painted garment from Georgia-based clothier STATE the Label, a dumpling-making class with Chef J. Chong, a cheeky urinal sculpture from Tyler Hays of BDDW, an array of blue ceramic vessels from potters Mark Hewitt, Melissa Weiss, and Giselle Hicks, along with signed prints, glass cocktail sets, wall hangings, woven baskets—to name a few! It's a seriously stunning assemblage of offerings.
It has been a true privilege to be in an ongoing, ever-growing relationship with Campaign for Southern Equality. We see with our own eyes the impact of CSE's fight for legal and lived equality for the South's LGBTQIA+ community. Through money raised in this auction and through the sale of our new Lapis glaze—available for pre-order July 2nd—we are proud to help them support efforts led by and for LGBTQIA+ Southerners to build a more joyful, liberated future for all.
Where to begin?
Before you start bidding, create an account on our website or sign in. Make sure you register with an email you actually use—if you win an auction, that is how we will be contacting you.
How it works:
1. Browse the auction.
2. Bid on a product you’d like to win!
3. Keep an eye the auction, you may get outbid!
4. When the auction ends on July 10th at noon EDT, the winner will be notified via email. Winners have 24 hours to complete the transaction.
5. If the winner does not complete their purchase within 24-hours, the auction item will be made available to the runner-up to purchase.
6. You'll receive an order confirmation for your item, followed by an email from the point of contact for the item with instructions on how to proceed in receiving your auction item!