- This bowl is size 2 of 4 in the Shallow Bowl Series.
- Formerly known as Shallow Soup and Salad Bowl (that was a mouthful!)
- Made in the North Carolina mountains from regional materials
- Microwave and dishwasher safe
- Approx. 8" W x 2.25" H
- Weighs approx. 1 lb 5 oz
- Holds 2 1/2 cups comfortably, or a serving of tagliatelle with bolognese
- Formed on the Jigger
- Glazed by hand! Slight variation and movement in color and glaze application can be expected and embraced.
When my kids go off to college, I’ll stock their dorm room with 1 of these bowls and 1 mug, then cross my fingers they’ll use them for something other than Top Ramen and Jungle Juice. It’s the most popular and versatile bowl we make, and makes an appearance every time we set the table. It’s a great little dish for serving sides, too.
Are you a food photographer or stylist? This is hands down the easiest to style and photograph piece in our line, with lots of surface area to showcase what’s in the bowl and a low slung profile that looks great at any angle.
Hand thrown bowls in the Shallow Bowl series had a more defined bottom foot and sat higher off the table. The jiggered bowls were designed to account for this; hand thrown and jiggered bowls should still stack just as well.